Monday, March 7, 2011

Confessions of a Pattern Junkie

I confess that I have a weakness for vintage patterns. Whenever I go to a thrift store, one of the first things I'm looking for is patterns. Once located, I have to look through all the patterns. I never know if there will be one sweet gem in the lot. I'd be sad to miss it...so I have to look. :)

This is about the sweetest doll clothes pattern I've ever laid eyes on.
McCalls 7592 Copyright 1964

I love, love, love, both little pinafores offered in this pattern. And the COAT! Sweet little coat with a seperate gnomes hood. Perfection all rolled into one pattern.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you -- those are sweet dresses and they look like dresses for little girls. Are you interested in patterns for "real" little girls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lil red hen....YES, I love vintage patterns for little girls and plan to "confess" them here every Monday for awhile. It just happened that these two patterns were my latest greatest finds so I showed them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so sweet,Dana do you sew doll clothes? I have a hard time sewing for my grandson,I can't imagine sewing these little things. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, Yes I sew doll clothes. I have an Etsy store where I sell Waldorf style dolls and doll clothes. There are picture links to the right side of my blog.

    Sewing for babies and little girls are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete