Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy, Busy Days

There has been a happy hum around our home. Everyone is busy and getting along. For several days my husband has gotten the boys up extra early. We've found a nice routine that has been good for the younger children and I. My husband and the boys have been out the door at daylight working around the place. Yesterday was building a fence and moving a gate. Today its cleaning out an old storage building.

I've been fixing breakfast for my oldest son at home, who recently was given a job with the Missouri Conservation Department, and getting him off to work. Meanwhile, I start the eternal laundry washing and oversee the younger children doing chores and tidying up a bit. Since the big boys are out early in the morning until breakfast, the younger children and I have been doing some of their morning, household chores.

Breakfast is at 8:00 AM. The boys come in starving and ready to eat anything in site and LOTS of it. This morning its eggs a bagels, which I must start soon.

After that we clean up breakfast and get started with school.

I've been sitting on the couch while the children work at school with my 2 youngest playing at my feet, working on dolls. I'm hoping to have two new little girls in my shop this week sometime.


I can hardly wait for spring to come. Soon the Dogwoods and Redbuds will be blooming. I love to look down through our woods and see their colors among the still barren trees. There is something comforting in the colors. Life is being renewed.

5 comments:

  1. Early starts to a day are the best! Breakfast around six in our house, (when ever chores are done.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack!! Naked babies!!! LOL! So cute, I can't wait to see them finished. It's been good to read your blog again. Glad you are back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dolls are so cute,I have got to take a look in your shop,maybe something for my gg son. I have been busy this morning, I have two loaves of bread rising. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little dolls! They always have such sweet personalities. And the clothes are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dolls are darling!
    Your house sounds bustling and ready for spring:)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete