Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today
June 15, 2011


Outside my window...warm and sunny. Just the way I like it.

I am thinking...about my children.


I am thankful for...grace, mercy and the promises of God.


From the learning rooms....I'm learning how to make the "brushed" hair on a doll. Its a bit time consuming and will require some more practice on my part before I perfect it.

From the kitchen....chicken and cabbage stir fry for dinner tonight.


I am excited...about fireworks this year. (we sell fireworks usually twice a year..its sort of like camping out in the city)


I am wearing...JAMMIES! Must get dressed soon.


I am creating...the cutest doll right now. I took my own advice and decided to give some different color combinations a try with my dolls. This dolly has sun tanned skin and carrot orange/red hair with green eyes. So cute.


I am going...to church tonight and I have to also go to the store at some point this week.


I am reading...Millie, Molly, Mandy. A sweet book.


I am hoping...That I get some fabric in the mail today.

I am hearing...a very quiet house. I let the little children stay up later last night while we watched a nature video. They are all still sleeping.

Things I want to accomplish today...Laundry for sure. I need to finish the hair on 2 dolls and dress them. I also have an idea for knitted doll boots I want to try out. Get Livia working on knitting the sleeves on her doll dress. Work on training my younger children with some issues we are having.


Around the house...my bathroom needs cleaned. Other than picking up and putting away it looks pretty good in here.


One of my favorite things...when Silas askes me to tell him a story. His expressions are so cute. He really listens and I can see his expressions changing with what I'm saying. Fun!


A few plans for the rest of the week...finish up dolls and make a few doll outfits. Work on training issues. Clean my bathroom. Go shopping...bleh! Clean out my knitting basket.

A picture thought I am sharing...my husband and my daughter, Autumn on her wedding day.



2 comments:

  1. How can there ever be enough hours in the day for you dear? You give so much for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot in one day! Yet, God knows how much you can handle :)Bless your hart!
    I was the oldest of 8, with 6 boys after me and then my only sister came. Mom died in a car accident when my sister was 7 and I, 21. I was pretty much momma for my siblings, after that. Some of them still call me mom :)
    ...so I have a good idea what your day is like!
    BUT: we can do all things through the ONE who is our strength.
    Manuella

    ReplyDelete