Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Let Freedom Ring




Back in 1776 the early American colonist were fairly tired of being oppressed by a king who lived a whole sea away. Tired of oppressive laws and taxes, our founding fathers declared our great nations Independence and were not only willing, but many did, sacrifice their homes, their wealth and even their lives to be a free people. That their children and grandchildren might be a free and independent people.




I love my country. I am thankful to be an American. I am thankful to still have what freedoms I have and hopeful that WE the PEOPLE will realize that freedom isn't free and it doesn't mean we can do what we want. Freedom is being able to govern ourselves to do what is right based on the authority of God's Holy Word.




All that to say, my blog will be quiet for a couple of weeks. I'm off to sell fireworks and I may or may not have Internet access. Our family has been selling fireworks for 8 years over the 4th of July and sometimes we travel to the deep southern regions of Louisiana to sell them over Christmas and New Years too. It is a good way to pay for school curriculum, a beef in the freezer and the many shoes and jeans all these boys always seem to need by May. :)




So long until after the 4th.

1 comment:

  1. There is an old man who prays every Sunday that our leaders will turn from the way things are going, back to "one nation under God".

    I'll miss your writings but pray for your family's safety on your journeys. God bless you all. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete