Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life and Dolls

I woke up this morning and turned on my computer to find my computer isn't working. I used a good part of my day delivering my computer to the Geek Squad.



I'm now using my husbands computer. He uses IE and I use Firefox so I'm having to adjust myself to IE and all the ads I never see. I uploaded three new dolls to the my Etsy store today. Two of my dolls are sporting wool cardigans made from wool sweaters that I felted. I hand embroidered the cardigans and am pleased with the results. I like to free hand embroidery and these little cardigan are the perfect canvas for such handwork. These little cardigans will be making regular appearances on my dolls, each with their own unique, one of a kind design.While I was cropping, resizing and editing the pictures, I thought I'd try my hand at making a collage.


When I first started making dolls to sell my older daughter, who has a fancy shmancy camera, did all my pictures for me...including the editing. It saved me lots of time...and she is good at it. Now that she is married, I've had to learn to take my own pictures and do my own editing. I've been thinking about more creative ways to take pictures and tried to stage some different areas in my house to take cute pictures of my dolls. But on my little camera which is neither fancy or shmancy but does do a nice job, outdoor pictures always come out the best and need little editing as far as color or light goes. For now I'll stick with the "outside on the front porch" pictures.


May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face to shine upon you. God is good all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Very good pictures of your pretty dollies! I've been waiting to see them.

    I can't get a good picture of anything! I'm beginning to think I must shake too much because they always look blurred.

    Were you able to find the primitive embroidery patterns?

    ReplyDelete