Monday, May 16, 2011

Confessions of a Pattern Junkie

I confess that this is one of my favorite patterns ever. I love the blue dress because of the contrasting bias tape on the collar and pocket. But I like the plaid dress because it has sleeves. The skirt is full with a set on waist. This dress also does not have a zipper or buttons in the back for an opening but instead opens at the side and snaps closed. Although I think it would be cute with buttons for closure.



Simplicity 3297. The pattern does acknowledge that the copyright is held by Simplicity but no date is given. The description on the back of the pattern reads:

GIRLS' ONE-PIECE DRESS: A wide square collar is featured on the fitted bodice. Style 1 has short cuffed sleeves. Pockets, trimming with contrasting pointed flaps, are featured on the skirt front. Style 2 is sleeveless. One pocket is omitted and bias binding is used for trimming.

A sweet lady-like dress for a girl to wear. Good for all sorts of occasions.

1 comment:

  1. This truly is a sweet lady-like dress! Do you plan to make one like it? Does your little girl wear dresses a lot? My granddaughter wore dresses until she got a bit older; now it's jeans most of the time I guess. I'm sure you're enjoying being a new grandmother!

    ReplyDelete