Friday, August 19, 2011

Jane, Jane and More Jane

Austen that is....

I am a huge Jane Austen fan. Mansfield Park is one of my favorites.

I've taken lately to listening to audio books at LibriVox.

I've listened to The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn.

North and South by Elisabeth Gaskill.

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.

Next I will be listening to Persuasion by Jane Austen.

I discovered an excellent reader who volunteers her time and voice to LibriVox. Her name is Karen Savage. LibriVox has a search options for readers....because when you find one as good as Karen Savage....you want to listen to everything you might possible be interested in by that reader. She reads with great tone and inflection in her voice, does character voices well and rarely, if ever makes a mistake in her reading. You can find her LibriVox recordings here and she blogs here.

Check out LibriVox if you have time. Its a great website. Any book that is in the public domain can be read and uploaded there. They do no advertising and run on a donation type basis.

Oh and I'm not being paid to write any of this. LibriVox has no idea who I am. I just really, really, really like their site and what they are doing and I really, really, really like listening to Karen Savage read.

No comments:

Post a Comment